Volume and surface area questions GCSE Maths Grade 8/9
Hi there, this is part 1 of the GCSE Maths Grade 8/9 Volume and surface area questions. The lesson slides are attached so that you can follow along with the lesson. You can also view the solutions if you just came here for those too 🙂
If you would like to join my GCSE Skype group lessons, or would like 1-2-1 GCSE Maths coaching, then contact me here on through my website.
Volume and Surface Area GCSE Exam Questions
- The diagram shows a solid wax cylinder. The cylinder has base radius 2x and height 9x. The cylinder is melted down and made into a sphere of radius r. Find an expression for r in terms of x.
- A cylinder has base radius x cm and height 2x. A cone has base radius x cm and height h cm. The volume of the cylinder and the volume of the cone are equal. Find h in terms of x. Give your answer in its simplest form.
- The diagram shows a solid cone and a solid hemisphere. The cone has a base of radius x cm and a height of h The hemisphere has a base of radius x cm.
- The diagram shows a solid hemisphere of radius 5cm. Find the total surface area of the solid hemisphere. Give your answer in terms of π.The surface area of the cone is equal to the surface area of the hemisphere. Find an expression for h in terms of x.
- The radius of a sphere is 3 cm. The radius of the base of a cone is also 3 cm.
The volume of the sphere is 3 times the volume of the cone. Work out the curved surface area of the cone. Give your answer as a multiple of π.
Don’t for get to like, share and subscribe to my YouTube Page and visit my Instagram at deptfordtutors
IF YOU ARE USING AN APPLE DEVICE TO VIEW THESE DOCUMENTS, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU’VE DOWNLOADED THE MICROSOFT WORD APP TO YOUR DEVICE FIRST, SO THAT YOU CAN VIEW IT CORRECTLY!